We Protect Your Rights
Jared T. Moore
- Employment Law – Employee
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Civil Litigation
An Experienced And Committed Advocate
Jared fights hard for his clients with passion and skill that are second to none. In the toughest situations, Jared’s clients place their faith in him as a compassionate and trusted trial attorney. While concentrating his practice primarily on employment matters, personal injury & wrongful death, student advocacy, and criminal defense, Jared also devotes a substantial amount of his practice to other civil matters, such as insurance bad faith, estate litigation, real estate litigation, and breach of contract.
Jared is widely recognized for his trial skills, as well as his ability to advocate for his clients through aggressive negotiations outside of the courtroom. Indeed, his peers have described him as “a very aggressive advocate for his clients” and “an excellent attorney in both civil litigation and criminal law.” Another peer notes that “He isn’t afraid to take a case to trial . . . He has outstanding courtroom skills and commands the courtroom with his presence before the jury.” Jared is also known for his effective writing and creative motion practice. He routinely handles complex and high-profile civil and criminal cases.
At the end of the day, complete client satisfaction is Jared’s main priority. He is dedicated to obtaining the best possible result, keeping his clients informed at every step, and being sensitive to their individual needs. Here is what actual clients have said about Jared:
- “He’s not afraid to fight when other lawyers turn away due to fear of losing a case.”
- "Jared “represented me brilliantly.”
- “He was compassionate and made sure the truth was heard.”
- “Jared is professional, polite, and to the point. He does not mess around, and he always takes the time to explain each step of the process.”
- “I’m happy to say the dispute was resolved in my favor, and I attribute it to the fair, honest, and highly professional work that Jared performed.”
- “He truly cared about the outcome and about us.”
- “Mr. Moore advised me well and fought through an uncooperative prosecutor to get all my charges dropped.”
- “He wasn’t our initial lawyer, but I wish he would have been.”
- “Jared and his firm went above and beyond the call of duty with my claim.”
- “Jared was extremely professional and always assured us it was going to be fine.”
- “I would highly recommend Jared to anyone looking for an attorney -- the quality and care shows in his work and is evident in how quickly and cleanly everything was resolved.”
- “He was straightforward and accomplished each thing he said he would!”
Jared has experience litigating complex employment claims, such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage & hour violations. He was involved in an employment case where the employer was represented by a well-known national defense firm. After several strategic decisions and shortly before trial, Jared obtained a very favorable settlement for his client, which was nearly seven times the amount of the best and final offer at mediation.
A substantial portion of Jared’s practice is devoted to representing students from pre-school all the way through graduate school. He routinely helps children who have been bullied or harassed. Jared has in-depth knowledge about anti-bullying laws. He has obtained many successful results for bullying victims and their families over the years. Additionally, Jared frequently represents college students who find themselves faced with criminal charges related to DUI, obstruction, disorderly conduct, underage consumption, and fake ID.
Jared has also represented attorneys and other professionals in civil litigation. He successfully represented an attorney serving as the executor of an estate in a will contest. The trial judge granted summary judgment for Jared’s client, and the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia upheld the favorable decision on appeal.
In the criminal arena, Jared has obtained multiple acquittals in jury trials and complete dismissals through plea negotiations. He challenges the prosecution at every turn and leaves no stone unturned. Jared is known for his clever and skillful cross-examination of law enforcement witnesses. Likewise, Jared often surprises prosecutors with his creative and strategic motion practice prior to trial, resulting in more favorable plea offers for his clients.
In addition, Jared has extensive experience in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Knowing how insurance companies evaluate and defend cases, Jared is able to steer his client’s case in the route of maximum recovery. He has represented clients in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, as well as pedestrian/motor vehicle collisions.
Jared joined The Moore Law Firm, PLLC in September 2013. Since then, Jared has served as lead counsel in hundreds of cases. Jared regularly appears in municipal, magistrate, and circuit courts throughout northern West Virginia and also has experience litigating complex matters in federal court. He is well versed in courtroom procedure. Jared has successfully tried cases to verdict and has also argued before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
After graduating from the West Virginia University College of Law, Jared worked at a prominent defense firm in Charleston. He primarily defended personal injury actions but also gained experience in breach of contract, bad faith, deliberate intent, property damage, and defamation cases.
West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 2012
West Virginia University
- B.S. - 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma
- Honors: PNC Scholar
- Major: Business Administration with an Emphasis in Finance
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- AV Preeminent Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
- Client Champion Gold - Martindale-Hubble
- Top 40 Under 40 - The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 10 Under 40 - National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Client's Choice Award 2015 - Avvo
- Mitchell, et al. v. Mitchell, et al., No. 17-0556, 2018 WL 4909884 (W. Va. Oct. 10, 2018) (estate litigation)
- Greco, et al. v. Sponaugle, No. 17-0124, 2018 WL 798534 (W. Va. Feb. 9, 2018) (will contest)
- C.D. v. Grant Cty. Bd. of Educ., No. 16-1035, 2017 WL 4711425 (W. Va. Oct. 20, 2017) (failure to accommodate a disability)
- Barb v. Shepherd Univ. Bd. of Governors, No. 14-1115, 2016 WL 143302 (W. Va. Jan. 8, 2016) (premises liability)
- Lewis v. Samples, No. 13-0464, 2013 WL 5988970 (W. Va. Nov. 12, 2013) (prosecutorial immunity)
Current Employment Position