Dedicated to Obtaining the Compensation You Deserve
Morgantown Personal Injury Lawyer
Helping Clients in West Virginia Seek The Compensation They Deserve
Attorney Jared T. Moore is an experienced Morgantown personal injury attorney who possesses unique insight as a former insurance defense lawyer. With knowledge of the opposing side, he is committed to maximizing compensation for medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, impairment of capacity to enjoy life, and punitive damages in Monongalia County.
If you were injured because someone else failed to exercise reasonable care and caution, The Moore Law Firm, PLLC can help you obtain the best possible outcome for your situation!
Call The Moore Law Firm, PLLC today at (304) 521-2451 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our personal injury attorney in Morgantown!
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
While we understand that no amount of money can heal physical injuries or bring back a loved one, The Moore Law Firm, PLLC is committed to pursuing just and fair awards through settlement or trial—whichever provides the best outcome for accident victims and grieving family members.
Personal injury cases we handle include:
- Insurance bad faith: Insurance companies must act in good faith and treat you fairly. Unjustified denial of a claim or attempts to settle a claim for less than it is worth are examples of insurance bad faith. We know the insurance regulations and law and know exactly how to stand up against the insurance company.
- Motorcycle accidents: Injuries in motorcycle accidents are often more severe than regular auto collisions. When other drivers act carelessly, the risks to motorcycle riders increase. We thoroughly investigate motorcycle accidents and ensure riders are properly compensated.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Insurance adjusters are not on your side. We look out for your best interests. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we can analyze your claim, investigate the accident, and pursue maximum compensation for your loss.
- Product liability: When those who design, manufacture, or sell products fall short in reasonable standards of safety, serious injuries can occur. Our job is to hold negligent parties accountable when the intended use of the product has catastrophic consequences.
- Slip and falls: Property owners have an obligation to ensure a hazard-free environment for non-trespassers. Neglecting their responsibility for due care leads to dangerous conditions that result in serious injuries.
- Truck accidents: The size and weight of large trucks make them more dangerous. Trucking companies will act fast after an accident. Our attorneys have the resources and experience to quickly assemble a team to work for you.
- Workplace accidents: Some accidents that occur on the job go beyond a claim for workers’ compensation. Deliberate intent cases arise when an employer intentionally exposes an employee to a dangerous condition.
- Wrongful death: The loss of a loved one is devastating. If the loss was caused by the actions of another, the loved one’s family may be entitled to compensation. We guide you through each step of the process and will ensure justice is served.
What is the Statute of Limitations For a Personal Injury Claim in West Virginia?
In West Virginia, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years from the date of the injury or accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries. It's important to note that there may be certain exceptions and variations to this general rule depending on the specific circumstances of your case. Consult with a qualified Morgantown personal injury lawyer to understand the statute of limitations that applies to your situation and to ensure that you take appropriate legal action within the required timeframe.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered in a Personal Injury Claim?
In a personal injury claim, various types of compensation, also known as damages, can be sought to recover losses and provide financial relief to the injured party. The specific types of compensation that can be recovered may vary depending on the jurisdiction and the circumstances of the case. Here are some common types of compensation that can be pursued in a personal injury claim:
- Medical Expenses: This includes reimbursement for past and future medical treatments, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, therapy, assistive devices, and any other healthcare expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: If the injury resulted in the victim being unable to work, they may be entitled to compensation for the income they would have earned during the recovery period. This can include lost wages, salary, bonuses, and other employment benefits.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages such as physical pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and psychological suffering caused by the injury may be eligible for compensation.
- Property Damage: If personal property was damaged or destroyed in the incident that caused the injury (e.g., a vehicle in a car accident), the cost of repair or replacement may be recoverable.
- Loss of Consortium: This type of compensation is awarded to the spouse or family members of the injured person for the loss of companionship, affection, and intimacy resulting from the injury.
- Punitive Damages: In cases involving extreme negligence or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages aim to punish the responsible party and deter similar behavior in the future.
It's important to note that the specific amount of compensation awarded will depend on various factors, such as the severity of the injury, the impact on the individual's life, the level of negligence or fault on the part of the responsible party, and the strength of the evidence presented. Consulting with our Morgantown personal injury lawyer will provide a better understanding of the compensation that may be recoverable in a specific case.
No Fee Until We Recover Compensation for You
When you or someone you love is injured in an accident, paying an attorney should be the last thing on your mind. That is why we represent personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis—you do not owe us anything for legal services unless you receive a settlement or a jury returns a verdict in your favor.
There is never a fee to discuss or investigate your case. We believe that injured victims deserve the right to speak to an attorney without any obligation. Our Morgantown personal injury attorneys agree to tell you whether you have a case and whether you need an attorney.
Contact Our Morgantown Personal Injury Attorney Today
The Moore Law Firm, PLLC, is dedicated to serving the needs of personal injury clients in Morgantown and throughout West Virginia. With Attorney Moore's unique insight as a former insurance defense lawyer, we strive to maximize compensation for various damages, from medical bills to punitive damages. Whether you have suffered injuries due to someone else's negligence or have experienced the loss of a loved one, our team is prepared to guide you through the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
Contact The Moore Law Firm today to schedule a FREE consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Morgantown!
He constantly reminded me not to worry about anything.
“Jared was wonderful in resolving my case. He was professional, kind and very reassuring during the whole process.”
No stone left unturned.
“Jared Moore was more than helpful during the whole process and went out of his way to make sure I not only knew what to expect at each step but also made sure all bases were covered.”
We are beyond thankful for Jared Moore.
“Anytime we contacted him, he got right back to us in a mannered time. He explains everything. From possibilities to what to expect. He does everything in his power to get the best outcome!!”
You can’t go wrong hiring Jared!!
“Despite an impossible prosecutor, as well as missing/lost evidence, Mr. Moore aggressively and diligently sorted it all out”
Jared goes above and beyond to make sure his clients are taking care of.
“Jared always kept the line of communication open and was very responsive if I had any questions.”
Tractor Trailer Accident
Head-on collision resulting in serious injuries
Dog bite resulting in permanent facial scarring
DUI vs. DWI in West Virginia: What's the Difference?
In West Virginia, DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) are terms often used interchangeably to describe impaired driving offenses. However, there are distinctions ...Read More
What Happens During a DUI Stop?
A DUI (Driving Under the Influence) stop can be an intimidating and stressful experience. When law enforcement suspects a driver of operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they ...Read More
3 Reasons to Contact a DUI Attorney Right Away
Being charged with a DUI is serious. It can have a profound impact on many aspects of a person’s life, including their job, education, social standing, well-being, and, most importantly, their future ...Read More