Truck Accidents Can Have Catastrophic Consequences
Accidents involving tractor trailers, 18-wheelers, semis, big rigs and other large commercial trucks are often catastrophic. The number of accidents involving large trucks increases each year.
Below are some 2012 statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the United States:
- 3,921 people were killed and 104,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks
- Of the people injured, 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 333,000 large trucks were involved in traffic crashes
- Large trucks accounted for 4 percent of all registered vehicles and 9 percent of the total vehicle miles traveled
- Large trucks accounted for 8 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes and 3 percent of all vehicles involved in injury and property-damage-only crashes
- Large trucks were more likely to be involved in a fatal multiple-vehicle crash as opposed to a fatal single-vehicle crash than were passenger vehicles
Trucking companies will act fast after an accident. They will send a team of retained experts and investigators out to the accident spot in an attempt to minimize the fault of the truck driver and trucking company.
The Moore Law Firm, PLLC, has the resources and experience in handling truck accidents to quickly assemble a team of our own experts and investigators to look into an accident. Time is critical in a truck accident case. Don’t wait for the truck company to take the lead in the investigation.
Do Not Confront the Insurance Company Alone
The insurance company for the trucking company will contact you immediately in an attempt to settle your claim and dissuade you from hiring an attorney. Simply tell them no! Victims of trucking accidents often recover substantially more compensation with the assistance of an experienced truck accident attorney.
The attorneys at The Moore Law Firm, PLLC, take great pride in ensuring that our clients are completely satisfied with the result of their case. We take all the necessary steps to ensure that truck accident victims or their loved ones are fully compensated for their loss.