Morgantown Employer Retaliation Attorney
Don’t Be Pushed Around for Exercising Your Rights
It is unlawful for an employer to retaliate against you for engaging in protected activity in the workplace. Also known as reprisal, retaliation is a viable claim under state and federal employment laws.
The Moore Law Firm, PLLC has extensive experience in handing retaliation cases. Contact us today at (304) 521-2451.
What is Workplace Retaliation in West Virginia?
Generally, an employer cannot retaliate against you for the following conduct:
- Rejecting or reporting sexual harassment
- Applying for workers’ compensation benefits
- Complaining about safety standards
- Refusing to violate laws and regulations
- Other conduct that violates a substantial public policy
Types of Employer Retaliation
There are numerous ways that an employer can engage in retaliation. For example, an employer can:
- reduce your hours,
- transfer you to a less desirable position or location,
- terminate your employment,
- or display physical or verbal hostility toward you.
If you have been retaliated against in the workplace, contact The Moore Law Firm, PLLC to discuss your case.